Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Reflections on New Mexico - Arizona Trip

On this trip I fell in love with RVing again. I had done almost no planning. With just one day of research and reservations I was able to book a very interesting trip on the way out. Playing it by ear on the way back worked out really well also.

I had no idea about the richness of the attractions on the path we took. Most of the time in the summer it is very hot down there so we head up in altitude or north. But this year we had a very cool wet spring so the first part of the trip was actually quite cool. It wasn't until the last few days that the serious heat moved in so we lucked out.

Surprisingly our somewhat dangerous fuel leak didn't impact my enjoyment because we kept thinking we fixed it. Every time we thought it was fixed we went on our merry way until the next time we found out it wasn't.

In terms of sight seeing we did a little bit of everything which was taking me back to how we used to use the RV when we first bought it. See something fabulous, move to the next fabulous thing, have our kitchen and bathroom in tow, rinse and repeat. This is a style of travel I really like.




No comments:

Post a Comment