Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Ancient Way Cafe and RV campground.

I call ahead and the nice gentleman at the Ancient Way Cafe and RV campground tells me to come on in there is availability and if he is closed for the day we will settle up in the morning. We get there just before he closes and the most delicious smell is coming from his cafe. Turns out they cook gourmet meals there and have gourmet baked goods. He says since they cook from scratch they can do gluten free. Oh, how I wished we were early enough for dinner.

http://www.elmorro-nm.com/ancient-way-cafe/

I loved this campground. The area was very quiet and smelled lovely. Some sort of pine or cedar tree scent was throughout the campground. The only negative was no trails into the forest that I could find and I had forgotten to ask at check in. So maybe there are some. But since there weren't any we knew about we walked the dogs around the campground and up and down the road a bit. We saw some lamas and chickens. We had full hook ups at $30 per night. Loved this place and would stay again!

Our pull through site.
Out of all the areas we stayed at throughout all our travels this was the first one I really wished I could retire to. Something about the place felt right to me.

2 comments:

  1. This RV park & restaurant sounds great. Although I lived nearby for a year, I never got to El Morro, your description sounds like I missed something. I tried to look this site up online, but they didn't provide information for GPS users like myself. I used Google Earth to visually identify what appears to be an RV park 1 mile east of the El Morro entrance, check it out & let us all know if the GPS coordinates are correct:
    longitude -108.3206257928322
    latitude 35.04415499644049

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is one mile east of the entrance. :-)

    ReplyDelete