Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Summary of Arches trip and goodby to 2014.

We had no problems with the RV going up I-70 from Denver through all the passes to Utah. I was a little nervous about it because sometimes the traffic on I-70 can be brutal. We were faster than trucks but slower than cars going up the steep hills. But the RV preformed flawlessly. We chose to go up on a Fri. and come back on a Mon. to avoid most of the bad traffic. Both decisions were good as traffic was light.

I had done minimal research on this trip because with the check engine light going off just before the trip I didn't think we were really going to go before snow started in the mountains. The RV shop we took it to correctly identified the O2 sensor and fixed our problem, clearing us for the mountain drive in our 20 yr old RV.

We really lucked out with the weather. The colors in Colorado were fabulous. The temps in Utah were cool and pleasant. Couldn't have asked for better. We checked Arches off our bucket list and got to see some fabulous sites along with doing some great hikes. It is hard to imagine that I lived for so long in CO without an RV and all the things I missed seeing when we didn't have one.

Now it is time to put the RV to bed for the winter.

1 comment:

  1. On occasion my Service Engine light will come on just as we about to reach a mountain summit. Don't think it is a big deal and probably may just indicate a rich air/fuel mixture and be responding to the o2 sensor. Goes away and everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete