Monday, June 9, 2014

Stormy drive and Joyful Journey Hot Springs

I confess that we went back to Alamosa for their event which was some art booths, music and such. Enjoyable but simple.
On our way out of town a dust storm blew up.

Made me think of the dust bowl.

Against my better judgement we drove right into it.

I felt bad for the peoples houses that were caught in it.
 We then proceeded through a very windy hard driving rain storm. There was even some lightening and after seeing video last week of a pick up truck that was struck I have to admit I was nervous. But there was no where to hide. The area was flat and the cars and RVs were the only things crossing. After we crossed through we spotted the Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa where we stopped for a $15 soak and ate lunch in the camper. It was cloudy and cool so we could leave the dogs in the RV with the roof vents open. They also had shaded dog kennels for those coming in a car or on a hot day.
But I made a very novice mistake. Because it was cloudy I assumed I couldn't get sun burned. The sun weakly came out at the end of our time there and I did get burned.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't those dust storms like that called Naboobs? They can be dangerous.T.

    ReplyDelete