Monday, July 25, 2011

Our new Velvac mirrors


When I was shopping for an RV, I noticed a few years after mine was built, Winnebago incorporated superior mirrors. Recently Motorhome magazine had an article about upgrading to the new ones so I decided to do it. The list price for the mirrors was about $500 but I got my pair for $250.

The old mirrors.

The new mirrors.

The part number to order is 713854.
Here is a link to order them for the $250 price.
New Velvac Mirrors
http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ryder/af/ryder/core/content/product/srm/key/U80%20713854/pn/Mirror-20-25-black-revolution-pair/erm/productDetail.do

They came complete with both right and left mirror and base. The only thing we had to buy was new screws. We used the old ones as a guide on what to buy.

The mirrors were well packed and appeared to come right from the factory. I had to order a roll of tape to get the price up to $250 so I could qualify for free shipping. :-)

The difference in visibility is huge! Not only can we now see if our steps are out but we have great visibility to the side and no blind spot that I could see. Well worth the money! I just have to get rid of the old mirrors. I'll probably post them on craig's list.

5 comments:

  1. I have a Motor-home(Rexhall 32)that I'm up dating also and ran across your Velvac mirror improvement. When I went to order the same mirrors from Ryder Fleet they claimed a misprint on there web site and did not want to honer it. Did they give you any trouble with your order? I enjoy viewing your RV trips. Thanks for sharing.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,

    Thanks for reading. I did not have any problem ordering the mirrors. In fact I referred someone there not too long ago for the mirrors and did not hear that they had any problem.

    I just went to the website and they are still listing them at the price I paid. Maybe you got caught in a computer glitch? Try ordering tomorrow and see if they give you the same result. If you didn't order a roll of tape or something to get it over the $250 for free shipping maybe try that and see what happens. I would think that if it was a misprint it wouldn't still be listed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the General Manager of Ryder Fleet Products, Inc., and if there was a misprint we should have honored it. With over 60,000 items online we do make mistakes but always try to side with the customer. Please accept my apologies.

    Scott Gates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Scott! I don't know how things ended up with the other poster but I love my mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are happy with your mirrors. If you ever have a problem, please call my office line at (678) 377-2700. I will make sure everything is taken care of. We don't make many mistakes and put the customer first but at times we do slip. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete