Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Monument Valley - Gouldings Campground

As we headed West the landscape changed very quickly.

The colors and patterns were striking.

In fact everything was so pretty that I didn't take many pictures. I was too busy looking out the window and didn't want to miss anything.

But the few I did get remind me of how stunning it was.

Mexican Hat is a well marked monument.

We had reservations for the night at Gouldings.
http://www.gouldings.com/campground/

It was a very pretty campground in a stunning location. Unfortunately just after we got there a dust storm blew up and I didn't get pics of the surrounding area and the monuments we could see from the camper.

As dusk fell things cleared up enough for us to get out of the camper. There was a hiking trail into the rocks right from the campground. You can see it on the left in the picture below.

The light was starting to fade so all the pics. don't reflect the gorgeous red color. Sunshine and I start out on the path.

Lots of rocks to explore which Sunshine likes.

Max and Blossom were ahead of us as I headed back to get my camera as soon as I saw how pretty it was.

There were many interesting rock formations.









The next day the dust storm came back so we didn't get to finish our hike as there was a path we didn't get to before dark.

Gouldings had an interesting history movie that they offered for free on the founders of the Goulding trading post. I would have loved to spend more time here as they also offer tours from the campground but we pressed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment