Friday, June 3, 2011

Replacing alarms and fire extinguishers

Last year when we acquired our RV I replaced the smoke alarm up front with a dual CO/Smoke alarm. I also replaced the smoke alarm in back with a new one. And I added a stand alone CO alarm to the back. The end result is we have redundancy for both systems. I also added two fire extinguishers, one to the bedroom and one behind the driver. I kept the original one that came with the coach and put it under the kitchen cabinet but I wonder if it has aged out.

This year I noticed our LP alarm which went off at the drop of a hat last year didn't go off when we tested the stove. This year we are replacing that with one that draws less current so that is a win for us.

Not under the safety arena but I added a second hose and a new spray to our outdoor shower. This way we can wash things off behind the coach and not create a mud puddle right were we would walk when going by the coach and in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment