Sunday, September 21, 2014

Barr Lake State Park

The next day we all went to Barr Lake State Park. The water was very low so no kayaking.
Low water. Not sure why because most water bodies near us are filled this year.
Flat trail around the lake. You can only go part way with dogs because of the nature sanctuary.

Very pretty area with boardwalk out to viewing platform.

Deer with large rack. It didn't move a muscle. I'm not 100% sure it wasn't stuffed and put there as a prop.

Sunshine collapses in the grass. It wasn't very hot. He had a drink of water. It think he just wanted to.
After a short but and not spectacular visit we headed back to the RV. I was reflecting on how little wildlife we had seen. Not too many birds. There were tons of people in full birding outfits that must have cost a fortune. I commented to my husband that the low point of my walk was stepping on a snake as I had many close calls before but had never actually stepped on a snake until this walk. Just as I finished the sentence a bug flew into the back of my throat where I couldn't cough him up no matter how hard I tried but I could still feel him there. My husband commented, I guess you just got a lower point in your day. :-) After much coughing and hacking on my part he offered to call the officials over and report me for eating the wildlife because I couldn't get it up to spit it out. So that was our Barr Lake State Park outing.

Edited to add: The staff at this park is super nice. Very informative when asked questions. The nature center is worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment