Friday, June 18, 2010

Our first RV!


Our first RV. A 1994 Winnebago Brave 29RQ (means 29' with a rear queen bed). It is in spectacular shape.


The Brave parked in our driveway. Our HOA won't let us keep it here so we will have to find a spot on a storage lot.


It is very pretty inside. Unfortunately this is not an RV sofa as it is not bolted to the floor. Luckily my neighbor was having a garage sale. In exchange for him removing it I gave it to him to sell at the garage sale so I didn't have to store it or figure out how to donate it.


Now it looks like this (not quite as pretty). We will probably put the dog crates here.


The bedroom is very pretty. Unfortunately the valance and drapes are sun rotted. Fortunately they are mounted with Velcro so will be easy to replace. The mirrors have a flower pattern on them which is very nice. I love that it has the bedside tables. Not all RVs we looked at did.


Blossom was looking very friendly until I held up the camera. She loves the RV! She explored every bit of it as soon as she was allowed in. The previous owners installed vinyl in the kitchen and had plastic runners over the carpet. Both are in excellent condition.


The kitchen. I like the angled counter as it has more counter space than many RV galleys. There is an oven, stove, microwave and refrigerator.


The bathroom.


The top of the shower. Thankfully it has a dome. Otherwise we hit our heads in the flat topped showers. The bathroom doors open into the hallway to create a small room with the sink and the wardrobe. When the doors are closed the toilet and shower are in an even smaller room. It is a very neat design.


The view looking back. Blossom has claimed the bed.

4 comments:

  1. Ok.. this is awesome to see yoursite and the info on your warrior... we're excited about our search for either warrior, flair, or similar "shorty", and you're info and blog is helping us lean toward the the 29rq. Nice Rig! .... and neat you found one in such great shape. I read some of your searching on irv2 and continue to be inspired... Have Fun!
    Terry - Chatsworth, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry,
    I hope you find your dream motorhome. We loved that we can park the 29RQ (about 30 ft) in two parking spaces across so it is easy to find parking when on trips.

    Cheers!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    Echoing Terry's comments about seeing this blog and reading about your travels in your Winnie. As fellow Colorado residents, its nice to see all the wonderful places our state has to offer.

    I'm trying (and starting to succeed) in getting my wife excited about wanting to get an RV. Many people get into RVing by starting with a tent trailer, then moving up to TT, then maybe 5th wheel, etc. I have my wife liking a couple of class A DP's that are used and (unless the economy craps out some more) are still affordable. Once we finally get one, I hope that we will be able to take a number of trips to justify the expense. My dream is to go full-time when I retire (haven't got her sold on that yet, lol).

    Thanks for creating this blog; I hope to get my wife to read of your adventures. Meanwhile I need to get back to reading the rest of your blog myself :)

    Take care,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rick,

    My husband likes tent camping but I do not. I was the one keen on an RV and he really didn't see the point. However my logic was that we would not always live in Colorado and we have so many destinations within driving distance that folks come from all over the world to see. Most of these destinations would have been car trips at a minimum as they aren't really accessible by plane. If we didn't see them while we lived here it would be such a shame and much more difficult to get to living in another area of the country. We've checked off some good ones like Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley etc. Still have Mount Rushmore, Arches National Park and many more. But they are on the list. In addition we've seen some like Great Sand Dunes that were really impressive.

    The interesting thing is that RVing is absolutely nothing like camping. Personally my favorite hotel chain is Four Seasons and I enjoy a luxury cruise. I do not like being cold, uncomfortable or dirty. I did the tent camping thing as a kid and liked it but as an adult it isn't for me. With an RV you wake up in a comfortable bed, with a furnace that keeps the RV nice and warm. You went to bed after having a nice hot shower and during the night you have access to your own private bathroom. In the morning you can eat pretty much anything you would have at home. Some times I enjoy a toasted bagel with cream cheese, sometimes a bowl of cereal with milk. The whole experience feels very luxurious, even in our basic RV.

    Let me know if you've got any questions that you think I can help with.

    Cheers!
    Mihelle

    ReplyDelete